Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Friday, January 19, 2007

Where Are You Going with that Book

I've posted about the Divine Hours before. It's Phyllis Tickle's book of prayers, psalms, etc that I read 4 times a day. The other day at lunch time I was carrying it through the living room, on my way upstairs to read. Chad was sitting in the room, and said to me, "Where are you going with that book?"

When we were in California for the 6 months, Chad and I shared a room. I read the Hours out loud to him every night. He enjoyed it, always wanted it read out loud, commented on it (things like "who's Jesus God?").

So when he asked me where I was going with the book, I said, "Upstairs. Why? Do you want me to read it to you?" He said yes, so I sat down and started reading.

Immediately he said, "Who's the alien?" I told him there was no alien, I didn't know what he was talking about. He repeated the question several times. Finally I asked him if he meant the Holy Spirit. He quit asking, so I figured that was who he was talking about. Then he said, "I don't know who she is." I do believe the Holy Spirit has a feminine side, but I found it interesting that Chad saw Him as a she. Anyway, we (I) talked a little about the Spirit.

This conversation got me thinking. How many of us, walk through the living rooms of our lives, with the Word of God clutched tightly to our chests? Do we even hear the lost voices around us imploring, "Hey. Where are you going with that book?"

God, give me ears to hear.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Kaye,
    I have decided I have got to buy these books. What are the exact titles? I found two different "series" on BAMM. Which would set would cover the entire year?
    Thanks.
    Renee

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kaye said…

    Renee,
    Three books take you through the year: The Divine Hours, Prayers for Springtime; The Divine Hours, Prayers for Summertime; and the Divine Hours, Prayers for Autumn and Wintertime. I have all three.

    She also has three other books in the series:The Night Offices, Prayers for Sunset to Sunrise (like 2:00am); Eastertide; and Christmastide. Since she already has prayers for lent, Easter, Advent and Christmas in the Prayers for Springtime and Prayers for Autumn and Wintertime, I haven't bought these particular books. Maybe someday.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    THanks Kaye.... I will now be placing a book order.. haven't placed one for me in a while

     

Post a Comment

<< Home