Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Father's Business

I got a late start on my blog today. I've developed a routine, and this morning it was adjusted just a little.

I walk in the mornings. It's a time for me to get some exercise, but it's also the time when I can have moments alone with God. Watching the sun come over the horizon as you praise the One who created it, is a phenomenal thing.

Every morning I talk and talk and talk. When I finally wind down, then I try to be still and let God say a few things. My blogs often come from this morning time...the things God lays on my heart are often the things I write about.

Today, I kept drawing a blank. I prayed for some kind of direction, a word that I could share with someone who might read my blog, or a look at my own heart to see what needed correcting. As I walked I still had nothing.

I thought about a friend and the struggles she is going through, and I thought to myself, "I could write about that. She's an amazing person, and her strength would be an encouragement to others." Then I realized that I hadn't even written to her in a while and I wasn't sure what was going on in her life right now. So instead of blogging about her, I wrote to her.

Then there was an older couple in my neighborhood that I started thinking about. My boys were helping them move (they were moving from across the street to their new house which is right next door to ours). I noticed them as I walked by and thought, "It's amazing how strong teenage boys can be." I was grateful that my kids were able to help. I realized, however, that I'd really done nothing. I'm not so good at the heavy lifting, but that doesn't mean there's nothing I can do. So my morning plans changed.

I had walked along asking God for direction. In my simple mind, I assumed the answer would be in the narrow context in which I had asked. Instead, He gave me a new list.

In the end though, He did help me with my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home