Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Thursday, October 19, 2006

With All My What?

I was thinking about a passage this morning.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30)

It took me back to a distant time. Well, not too distant. A few years ago. I was looking at that same verse, and I asked myself if that described me. (I think I was doing a Beth Moore study at the time...she has a way of cutting straight to the heart.) Did I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength?

I am passionate about a few things. I love to write. I love to read. I love my family. I love my friends. And I love the Lord.

But at that time, did I love Him with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength?

I love walking in the woods. I love traveling. I love good music.

But did I love God with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength?

I had to answer, "God help me, I don't think I do."

But this one thing was true. I WANTED to love Him that way. So that desire became one of my desperate prayers. (You know the ones...the requests that you would give almost anything to have fulfilled.)

Here is one of the most wonderful things about God. Prayers prayed according to His will, He delights in answering. And a seeking heart desperate for Him is one that He listens to.

I asked that question again this morning, years down the road. Is it yet true? Do I love Him with EVERYTHING that is inside me? I'm not sure the answer is yet a resounding yes. But it is a closer yes. It is a feeble yes that spends more time with Him. And it is a growing yes that continues to pray that same desperate prayer...

"Lord, increase my desire for You."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! this is so amazing that I would open your Blog today and read "With All My What? I am having a hard time with that as well and I know that I scorn my kids and we have mements where I know I need to love God with all my heart, to include my kids and let them know how much I care for them. Thank you Kaye again for being a part of my life and reminding me how God and truly give you His gift if you let him. I miss you a lot but I know God needed you somewhere else. I thank God for allowing me to spend time with you:)
    love in Christ
    Sheila

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Kaye said…

    Sheila,
    It was so good to hear from you! I miss you, sister!
    I hope all is well in that little community that still claims a piece of my heart. And I hope all is well in your home as well. You're in my prayers.

    Kaye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home