Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Irregular People

This summer my aunt mentioned a book to me, "Irregular People," by Joyce Landorf Heatherley. I forgot about it for a while, only thinking about it lately. It is now on my wish list at Amazon.

The book deals with those people in your life that really really bug you. I guess not everybody has such a person. But many of us do. My point in this blog, however, isn't to give advice on how to cope with irregular people. I'm assuming Ms. Heatherley does that in her book.

My desire is to share something I read in Oswald Chamber's "My Utmost for His Highest." It was from the devotional for September 11, and it was one I had read several times before. But I don't remember it having the impact on me that it did this week.

"Watch the kind of people God brings around you, and you will be humiliated to find that this is His way of revealing to you the kind of person you have been to Him."

Uggh. Sometimes God's object lessons are horribly painful. Not only do I need forgiveness for an uncharitable heart toward someone He has put into my life, but also for my behavior toward the One I claim to love with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I really do not want to be God's irregular person.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Oswald Chambers...I've been stuck thinking about his thought of Jesus being in "the secret place"....prayers from Aug something or other.....

    De'Etta

     

Post a Comment

<< Home