Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Little Thoughts

Years ago I read a book entitled "The Tao of Pooh." I remember very little about it, other than the concept of wisdom we can gain from simple beings and children's stories. (That Pooh is Winnie the Pooh, by the way.)

As I've aged, I've found more and more wisdom in the simple stories of my childhood, or in the videos of my man/child, Chad.

I've mentioned before, Bambi's growing awareness of others around him, in his comments to his mother, "We're not the only deer in the forest, you know." Another of my favorites is when he asks her, "What are we going to do today?" There is such exuberance and excitement in his voice. That's how I want to start each day.

One that has been in my thoughts a lot recently is from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph and his pals find themselves on the Island of Misfit Toys. I've come to realize that that is a metaphor for the church.

Christ came to save sinners. How many of us know people who afraid to bring their totally dysfunctional relatives to church because they're afraid of what other will think or how they'll treat them? Friends, this just shouldn't be.

The little church in Marina is becoming a mini-haven for families with autistic children and other disabilities. I love this. It is our own little Island of Misfit Toys. And it then reminds me that autism is only one "quirk." I have those things about me that make me "misfit" as well. Those things are much more a hindrance in my spiritual growth than autism is.

If there is one thing that I know beyond all doubt, it is that:
"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst." (I Tim. 1:15)

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" (2 Cor. 9:15)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home