Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Sinful Woman

I was looking at a passage in Luke 7 this morning. Do you remember the sinful woman who anointed Jesus' feet? Cassandra Martin in her study "Fragrance of Faith: Discovering the Aroma of Christ in the Beatitudes," looks closely at the way Jesus interacts with this woman. She asks the reader, "In what way have you stood in this woman's place?"

I'm reviewing this particular lesson, so my answer was written months ago, maybe even a year ago. But reading it, I was transported back to the time I mentioned, feeling the pain and longing all over again. I had written, "Several years ago I was desperately wanting God in my life again, ashamed of the direction my life had taken and not knowing how to get back to the Lord and faith that I had turned my back on."

This was such a difficult journey for me. It's probably a story for another day. Needless to say, God is merciful and His grace reaches even me.

These are the words from Cassandra Martin that touched my heart today:

"The very way in which Jesus interacts with this woman is a picture of the way He wants to connect to you. Love will carve a path, open the door, and allow us to stand in His presence."

He carved a path for me. And not only that, He stood with open arms and a heart that sung. For I am His beloved. I didn't know it then. I don't fully understand it now. But I rest in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home