Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Monday, February 27, 2006

Revival in Belfast

I've written several posts about books I'm reading. I've not done much with music. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before...I like music almost as much as I do books.

I bought a new CD last week. I am so thrilled with it, that I wanted to share some thoughts about it.

First of all, if you like a celtic sound, Revival in Belfast delivers. A line on cover calls it "live worship with Robin Mark in Northern Ireland." He is probably best known for his song, Days of Elijah, and this one is on the CD. So is Shout to the North (not written by him, but by Martin Smith), another of my favorites. (Who can remain seated when singing the words:
"Rise up women of the truth
Stand and sing to broken hearts
Who can know the healing power
Of our awesome King of love" )

One of the songs that makes this album great (in my opinion) is called Revival. It starts out slowly, repeating (among others) these lines:
"I hear the voice of one crying
Prepare ye the way of the Lord."

Then it breaks into this great sound...I really don't know how to explain it. Other than your whole being longs for the revival that the words are describing:

From the preacher preaching when the well is dry
To the lost soul reaching for a higher high
From the young man working though his hopes and fears
To the widow walking through the veil of tears.
Every man and woman every old and young
Every father's daughter every mother's son
I feel it in my spirit feel it in my bones
You're going to send revival
Bring them all back home.

I am not a musician. I am not even close. I know words can be emotionally charged and emotionally manipulative. Maybe music can too. I don't know. So maybe others would listen to this CD and hear something different. But it does stir my emotions. It does fill me with longing. It does make me cry out for the day when I'll say,
"Behold He comes!....It is the Year of Jubilee! Out of Zion's hill salvation comes!"

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for that recommendation. I listend to some sample tracks off of this CD on CBD's website. I like it and have put in an order for it.

    Thanks again, and miss you!!

    Alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home