Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good-bye

Our move is upon us. My computer left Tuesday and the rest of our belongings Friday. Our house echos.

Today was our last day at church. I knew I would cry through the whole service. Of course, I did. We went forward while the chaplain gave us a parting gift (a picture of the chapel) and prayed over us. I had a few minutes to say something to my brothers and sisters sitting before me. Because I mangled it a bit, I just want to say a few words here.

John Smith lost his wife to cancer a few years ago. After the grieving and tears subsided a bit, he realized that his beloved wife was truly a gift from God. And there is only one appropriate response to a gift. That is thank you.

During church this morning, I could get that part out. It was the next that I choked up on. I thank God for the gift of this church. I thank God for the time here. I thank God for each face I saw before me this morning, and for all friends who have already gone before me. I thank God for the people who have been instrumental in my boys' lives...Brian Hershey, Nick Harrold, Paul Riley and Corey. I thank God for two Spirit-led chaplains who have preached the Word of God from this pulpit.

And I thank each of you as well. Especially you women. Here I have to end, because I'm sitting at the library typing this. The girl next to me is starting to wonder why I'm crying.

Good-bye and may God bless each of you.

Kaye

3 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't want to go to the chapel yesterday, the only thing that motivated me to go was that it was your last day there. I know how special this community and in particular the chapel community has been to you. Your tears said it all, my friend. Even though you were crying and could hardly get a word out, it was your tears that showed to us that this was a special moment and that you were grateful for your experiences.

    I want to tell you that I am thankful to have gotten to know you, even though it was for a very short time. You are a very special person. You shine the light of Christ ever so brightly. One can't help but see the Lord in you. I'm glad you were part of this community, and I thank you for your involvement in this community, your kindness, your generosity, for the many meals you've cooked for folks, that needed just that at that moment (including me when my husbad was on TDY!).

    Keep shinging the light of Jesus! I love you, my friend. If I do not see you in this world, then we will see again on the other side of heaven.

    Alex

    PS. Never give up this blog. This is as close I can get to a bible study with Kaye. I'm your biggest fan! :-)

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi Kaye
    You are saying goodbye to Garmisch and we are saying hello. Dh got the word today that the General has approved the assignment list and we are goign to Garmisch....:)
    RENee

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kaye, of course we will see each other again - either here, there, or in the air. That is one of the most wonderful aspects of being a christian. I KNOW that I will see my sisters and brothers again, maybe on earth, but definitely in our Father's house. I can't wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home