Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fruit of the Spirit...Kindness

I was at Trader Joe's this morning (for those of you still in Germany, try not to be too jealous!). The guy working the register was a very nice, pleasant young man. He was kind to woman in front of me as he rung up her order. I watched her with a somewhat saddened heart.

She never looked the guy in the eyes. She responded to his quiet questions not with disdain or rudeness, but rather as if he just wasn't at all important. Maybe she was having a very bad day. Maybe she isn't always like that. But I'm afraid it's an attitude that is becoming more prevalent across our country. Because I'm seeing it everywhere I go.

I told my sister about over lunch. Later, she emailed me this quote:

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
— Plato

So the next time you're in line at McDonald's, smile at the girl taking your order. Or at the "Pebble-Beachish" rich woman in front of you at Trader Joe's. Maybe she needs a little kindness in her life as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home