Kaye's Tea Room

"Follow Me," Jesus said to him...Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. (Luke 5:27, 29) WELCOME, fellow desperados.....

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Incarnation

Here's a thought that crept up on me last night. I was reading something from Catherine of Siena, written centuries ago. I'm not quite sorted in my thoughts yet with all of this, but I'm going to try to express this little kernel that's been vexing me.

God becoming flesh. Why did He do it? Why choose this route? So we could relate better to Him? So that He could say He met the same temptations as us but prevailed? Because it was the plan from the beginning?

How about this for one of the facets of this infinitely complex gem. It was flesh that sinned against Him. So it was only in flesh that the reconciliation could come?

What do you think? Joe, if you're reading this, I'd like to know your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home